People with serious drug and alcohol addiction often need detox. The drug and alcohol detox process enables the body to properly get rid of the substances being used while also working to break dependence. Detox itself is a natural process. However, it’s difficult and sometimes impossible to do without help from a professional. At United Recovery Project, we provide the tools you need to start on the path to recovery.
Who Needs Drug and Alcohol Detox?
The detox process is beneficial to many people, especially those who:
- Have used drugs or alcohol for a long time
- Use a large number of drugs or alcohol
- Have relapsed in the past
- Have overdoses from drug or alcohol use
- Are using highly addictive drugs
Many people who need detox have developed dependence. This is a condition in which the brain and body have become so accustomed to the presence of the substances that they cannot function properly without them. As a result, a person may experience withdrawal symptoms such as pain, nausea, and insomnia. Many people also experience intense cravings that are hard to ignore.
What to Expect at Drug and Alcohol Detox Centers
Once a person received an assessment and determined that drug and alcohol detox is the best option, substance abuse treatment can begin. Unlike what many expect, this setting is comfortable, modern, and designed to provide individuals with ample privacy and support. A variety of steps may occur to help a person go through the detox process.
- A full medical exam helps to determine if a person needs medical attention or support during the process.
- Medications may be used. These can help to reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings. They can help make it possible for a person to go through detox without side effects.
- A mental health assessment can help pinpoint underlying mental health disorders. If present, treatment for them, such as the use of medication, begins.
- Psychotherapy begins during detox, too. That includes working with a therapist to learn about the addiction and how to overcome it. Evidence-based therapies are the foundation of treatment here.
- Holistic therapy, which focuses on whole-body healing, can also be a part of this process.
The detox process takes time. How long detox takes depends on many factors, including how well a person responds to treatment. Often, detox lasts several days or up to a few weeks. During this time, all of a person’s needs are met, including treatment for mental health, nutritional needs, and medical support. It’s a safe place to be as your body works to heal and overcome dependence.
How Our Drug and Alcohol Detox Centers Can Help You Today
Our team is here to help you. We’re confident you can get through detox and do so with the goal of healing. Full drug recovery is a possibility when dedicated professionals surround you. All you have to do is give us a call. Let us tell you more about detox and answer all of your questions. Our luxury treatment centers offer a wide range of therapy programs to support the process. Each one is carefully selected for you based on what you’re likely to thrive in during your time with us. Some of our therapies include:
- Art Therapy
- Equine Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Nutrition Therapy
Choose to Get Help from United Recovery Project
Drug and alcohol detox is a complex process. It provides many opportunities, especially for those hoping to create a healthy, long future. Our team at United Recovery Project can help you achieve your best outcome. Learn more about our services and the care we offer when you call 954.429.5026 or connect with us online now.