The detox process is one of the most trying times for a person with addiction and dependence. Heroin detox is a complicated process. Yet, when detox is done properly, a person may no longer need to use these substances and may be able to reclaim their physical and mental health. The key is to seek out the right location to get help. United Recovery Project offers a range of tools to help you through this process.
A Heroin Rehab Is a Critical First Step
It is not safe to try to learn how to detox from heroin from home. There are too many potential complications from the process. In a professional drug rehab center, you’ll have more access to the type and level of care you need in a safe environment. Some of the benefits of a professional treatment center include:
- Safety. It’s safer to detox in a luxury treatment center where you can get immediate help should a problem occur. That may include poor reactions to the process that requires medical help.
- Minimized Symptoms. In a professional environment, you’ll have access to medications to ease withdrawal symptoms. That may mean fewer overall cravings for the drug. These are typically what leads a person to relapse from heroin.
- Therapy Programs. Treatment for heroin addiction relies on therapy. In a detox program, you’ll begin therapy right away. That means more time to recover sooner.
- Nutritional Help. Many people who use heroin struggle with nutritional deficiencies. These can happen for many reasons. In detox, these needs can be met more effectively.
- Support. Hands down, this is critical. Being surrounded by other people who understand what you are facing and can offer resources to help you can be a significant investment in your future.
What Happens When You Detox from Heroin?
The heroin detox process can differ a bit for most people. Most often, withdrawal symptoms begin to occur within 12 to 24 hours after the last use of the drug. This will continue until it peaks, often about 5 to 7 days after the last dose. Some people can see lingering symptoms for another week. You should start to feel better within a few weeks. However, some people may need more time and support through the process. There is no benefit to rushing it – that could lead to an increased risk of relapsing if you do.
What You Can Expect from our Florida Heroin Detox Program
At United Recovery Project, our comprehensive detox process is designed to provide you with exceptional access to help. This includes one-on-one support, luxurious amenities, and highly trained and experienced professionals. We will work closely with you to help you overcome your fears, mental health challenges, and bad relationships. In addition to this, you’ll be able to get help for past trauma that may have put you in this place.
To achieve this, our location offers a wide range of innovative addiction therapies. We also spend a significant amount of time working closely with you to help you meet your future need by providing life skills training. Our team is dedicated to your best, long-term outcome. Our health, wellness, and fitness training are always meant to support your best outcome.
Take a moment to learn more about some of our therapeutic approaches like:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Holistic therapy
- Equine therapy
- Art therapy
- Life skills training
Protect Your Health by Calling United Recovery Project for Help
The heroin detox process doesn’t have to be frightening or overwhelming. Rather, it can be an opportunity for you to get help for physical and mental health needs in a comfortable location with outstanding resources. That’s what United Recovery Project can offer to you. Explore the options we offer when you call 954.429.5026 or reach out to us online.