What happens after you complete formal residential treatment for addiction? Getting back into the world isn’t always easy and may be filled with numerous risks that put you at risk for relapse. A transitional living program may be one of the most important tools available to you in some situations. It provides a stepping stone into a new life, one you can create one step at a time. United Recovery Project offers a transitional living program designed to support even the most challenging situations.
What You Need to Know About a Transitional Living Program
There’s much to learn about transitional living programs. Each program is a bit different. What happens in your substance abuse treatment program depends on many factors. Here are some basic things you need to know about these programs:
- It’s for those who are serious about recovery. A person who is dedicated to creating a new life in sobriety needs support. These programs are meant to support those ready for that challenge and willing to do that work.
- Each person has a customized treatment plan. In a transitional living program, you still need to maintain treatment. That may include weekly (or more frequent) sessions. It also means sticking to your treatment requirements.
- You have to participate in the success of the home. For the program to be helpful to you and others, each member has to work to support the home. That means pitching in for household chores.
- You’ll have goals to meet each day. That may include creating a resume, getting out into the world to secure a job, and working on your future housing goals.
- These programs are gender-specific in most cases. You’ll live with others of your same gender to minimize distractions and ensure a safe, supportive environment.
- There are house rules to follow. That includes things like a curfew. You’ll need to work hard to respect every person in the home as well.
- Drug testing is a part of maintaining your residence in the home. Transitional living programs have the goal of preparing you for the real world. Sobriety is key to your success.
Benefiting from a Transitional Living Program Is Easy
For those who need a drug-free environment to live in while they work on maintaining their sobriety, our team at United Recovery Project can help you. You’ll find that this type of program is meant to help remove you from the circumstances that put you in the place of addiction in the first place. It is also an opportunity for you to work closely with counselors to create a game plan for long-term success. If you cannot go home to a safe and supportive environment, consider the value of a transitional living program.
Seek Out Transitional Addiction Treatment Care
When you enroll in our drug and alcohol addiction program, we’ll talk to you throughout treatment about your next step. Our goal is to prepare you for success. To do that, you need to have access to a safe environment. That’s why we encourage you to seek out this type of supportive environment if you think it may be right for you.
Our addiction treatment programs can be experienced progressively, or clients can enter into a program designed to meet their specific needs. Our programs include:
- Residential treatment program
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Outpatient rehab treatment
- Sober Living
Choose the Path of Recovery – Call United Recovery Project Today
For many people, a transitional living program can change the course of their future, providing opportunities for healing and rebuilding. Our team at United Recovery Project offers the resources to help you achieve your best outcome through this and other programs. To learn more about it, call 954.429.5026 or connect with our team now online.