A person with alcohol addiction and dependence may want to stop but struggles to do so. That’s common because of just how intense this type of addiction can be. If you want to go through the alcohol detox process, but you’re struggling to do so safely and effectively, it’s likely due to the presence of dependence. The best situation for most people is to turn to our team at United Recovery Project to get support through the alcohol detoxification process.
Why Professional Alcohol Detox Is Necessary
Learning how to detox from alcohol on your own isn’t really the safe route to take. There are plenty of complications that can occur as a result of this process. A few key reasons why you should turn to a detox program for help include the following.
- A higher success rate of drug and alcohol detox is likely in those who do so in a professional environment.
- Most people fail at detoxing on their own because of the intense cravings brought on by dependence. Willpower alone is not enough.
- It is possible a person can suffer from numerous withdrawal symptoms during the detox process. This includes pain, headaches, insomnia, and nausea.
- There is the risk of potentially severe complications during detox from alcohol. This may include seizures, convulsions, and paranoia. In a professional environment, these can be managed properly.
- Detoxing at home doesn’t offer therapy. The key to remember is that detox is just the start of the recovery process. Without therapy, a person may relapse within a short period of time.
For these reasons, seek out a professional medical detox program instead of trying to manage it on your own. You’ll find this is by far the safest way for you to work through your addiction and achieve success.
What Happens When You Detox from Alcohol in an Alcohol Rehab?
In an alcohol rehab center, there’s ample help available to you throughout the detox process. That includes providing you with medications to manage the withdrawal process and cravings. This in itself may help you to feel better and more confident about your recovery.
In addition to this, most people begin therapy during the detox process. That includes working with skilled therapists who can help you understand why you are using drugs and alcohol. They may help you with underlying mental health disorders as well. This can help to ensure you get the comprehensive level of treatment you need. That’s not just treatment to help you to stop using. It’s also a treatment that enables you never to want to use it again.
Why Choose Our Florida Alcohol Detox?
United Recovery Project offers a comprehensive detox program. It offers everything you need to thrive. We’re confident we can help you to be successful in detoxing and building a strong recovery. We offer both medical detox and a holistic detox, allowing you to get the type and level of support you need. Each of our programs is designed to provide you with exceptional attention to your needs. Best of all, our luxury treatment center is designed to help support you through the process. It only takes a few minutes to learn just how impactful our program can be. Some of the therapies we offer include:
- Holistic therapy
- Equine therapy
- Art therapy
- Life skills training
Let United Recovery Project Help You
The only safe alcohol detox method is in a treatment center that can support all of your needs. At United Recovery Project, we offer the resources and tools you need to achieve alcohol addiction recovery. You’ll find ample support, a caring team, and exceptional programs to support your success here. Learn more about us when you call 954.429.5026 or connect with our team online now.