There may not be anything worse than watching a loved one battle substance abuse. For many family members, the solution seems easy. Just stop using. In reality, substance use disorder is like any other disease. It requires professional treatment in an addiction rehab center. You can do something to help support your loved ones and get them the substance abuse treatment help they need. Reach out to United Recovery Project at 954.429.5026 to learn more about us and our treatment therapies and resources.
You Can’t Force Substance Abuse Treatment Help
For a substance abuse treatment program to be effective, a person must recognize the need for it and work through it. That takes a lot of hard work and big decisions. As a loved one, you cannot force them to engage in therapy even if you can force them into a treatment center. Rather, take a few other approaches to help your loved one decide to get help:
- Lay the ground rules. Make it clear that you no longer can help them financially or provide housing until they get help.
- Don’t make excuses for them. That means not covering for them if they are late for work. Also, don’t excuse them from family responsibilities or activities.
- Show them what addiction is doing. Sometimes, a person with addiction doesn’t realize the toll it takes on their loved ones. Show them authentic examples of how it impacts your health, your loved ones, your children, and your finances.
- Create clear expectations. It may be time to pull away from a relationship if a person is engaging in destructive behavior. That may mean setting expectations when you will help, such as only if they enter into treatment.
- Put yourself first. Don’t allow the physical or mental abuse of addiction to control your life. To be the best you can be for your loved one, you have to take care of yourself first.
Learn about Substance Abuse Treatment
To help your loved one, educate yourself on substance abuse treatment methods and addiction therapy. It helps to understand what addiction and dependence are and how they control your loved one’s decisions. When you realize this is a disease like heart disease or cancer, you may be able to fully see the level and type of support your loved one needs.
Set Up Treatment in Our Addiction Rehab Center
To build on hope for yourself, reach out to our addiction treatment center. Learn more about the way it works and how we can help your loved one. In addition, we can help you to determine if your loved one is a good fit for our program.
As a luxury treatment program, we offer a wide range of therapies and treatment plans to support your loved one’s needs, such as:
- Residential treatment
- Drug and alcohol detox
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Outpatient rehab
- Sober living
In addition to this, we offer separate men’s and women’s therapy programs. We also offer an LGBTQ addiction treatment program.
Once you learn more about our services, reach out to your loved one. Inform them that there’s help available to them. Our team will ensure they receive the best treatment options available in our beautiful and modern treatment center. They will be comfortable and empowered to see the changes they desire in themselves.
Let the Team at United Recovery Project Help Today
Get the substance abuse treatment help you need when you call our team at United Recovery Project. With exceptional experience and a dedicated team ready to support your needs or those of your loved ones, you can count on us for substance abuse treatment. Learn more when you call us at 954.429.5026 or connect with our team online now.